So my skin has been FREAKING out lately so I have been researching some natural products which may try to help. Now these ingredients can be found in your kitchen and they are oatmeal and honey.
Benefits of oatmeal:
- it has aniflammatory properties. This means it can relieve redness, dryness and irritations and also soothes itchy skin
- it absorbs and removes dirt and impurities
- it provides exfoliation to help keep skin looking brighter
- it is high in anitoxidants to help protect from free radicals
- anitmicrobial - so good for breakouts
- helps to moisturise and soften the skin
Next I rinse a handful of oats with warm water. I do this by holding them in a clenched fist and allow the water to run over it and saturate the oats.
Then I add a spoonful of honey *just as spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down* and mix it together ... you may need to get messy and mix it with your hands.
Now I dampen my face with warm water and start rubbing the mixture on my face ... WARNING this gets very messy.
Now if you want to just use it as a wash, just rinse with warm water and then wipe over with cold.
However I like to leave it on as a mask for about 10-15 mins and then rinse off.
After this my skin feels super soft and nourished and I continue with my evening skincare routine *if you would like a post on this let me know*
So I hope this works for you and let me know if you have any homemade masks!
Bye for now xx