Monday 18 February 2013

Rimmel London BB Cream 9 in 1

Hey Blogletts,
It seems as if I have gone on a little bit of a Rimmel spree lately after Wake me up foundation and Kate Moss Lipsticks (I've cleverly linked the posts in the words ...... technical whiz am I) and now I decided to pop along and get the BB Cream. This product claims to do a lot so lets see if it lives up to its hype.

If you don't know then BB creams are an asian concept of a one colour, covering balm which now the rest of the world have gone bonkers for. Many companies have released one recently and Rimmel being one of them. Now Rimmel has a few (9) claims which for a drustore product is pretty unachievable however lets see how it lives up to them:
Primes: Well I tend to use a primer anyway so even if it did have any priming effect, I probably wouldn't notice. Also this doesn't last all day, therefore I feel as if the priming effects are more in the smoothing rather than lasting power.
Moisturises: Now as I bang on about all the time, I have oily skin so this concept scared me a little, however as of late I am coming to terms with the fact that I do need to moisturise to keep healthy skin and I would say that this does have those qualities.

Minimised Pores: Although it will do nothing for your pores when you remove the product, it does minimise the appearance of pores pretty well, and doesn't sit in any pores or fine lines.
Conceals and Covers: I have put these two together as this is quite a thick BB cream and will give light to medium coverage, however concealer is needed aswell to achieve a flawless look.
Smooths: As I mentioned earlier, this comes into the priming effect and this product does smooth the skin pretty evenly.
Mattifies: Again oily skin blah blah blah, but this does also give a matte texture once set.
Brightens: Although it mattifies, it has a luminous glow to it
Protects: This product has spf 25 in, and we all know how important spf is, and for a drugstore product 25 is pretty good.


Overall I feel as if this is a worthwhile purchase for all skin types, ages and personalities.
What's your favourite BB cream?
Bye for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment